It’s already a tradition which started in 2006 by Dustin Diaz, on April 9th 2009, the fourth CSS Naked Day event will take place. The idea behind this event is to promote web standards (like proper semantic markup and a good hierarchy structure). On April 9th, many blogs and sites will strip all CSS during 24 hours (effectively 48 hours for international compliance) and show the content “unstyled” as if no CSS existed. If your site has proper semantic markup, it’ll stay well usable and understandable even without styles. If not, you better hide and don’t take part in this event 😉 Continue reading …
Some days ago Google launched Google Venture to seek and discover great companies. We were a little bit surprised by the similarity of their logo with our WPEngineer logo. Even some of our readers, thanks Bastian, notified us, that the new logo looks familiar. But don’t get me wrong, I really like their Google Venture logo and the background, maybe they took our logo and made it just a little tiny better. 😉
But I don’t want to start any speculations or accuse them, that they copied our logo, not at all. Even though, they weren’t inspired by our logo and had the idea out of the blue, at least we can say, we set a trend. 😀
What do you think?
“What do you think really helped you succeed?”
Before we list our reason, why we think you read this blog, we also like you to ask, why are you reading our blog. Please let us know your reasons, we are eager to know what makes us worth reading.
We probably cannot give you a certain answer to his question, but we came up with some plausible reasons,which might helped us to succeed:
- First and foremost we do it for fun, we are 3 WordPressjunkies who love to work with WordPress!
- We write about what we can do best: hack, improve, change, invent anything in WordPress, because it’s fun and we do it without any pressure of getting popular!
- We don’t provide the usual stuff (Top 10 WordPress Plugins, How To Add an image in your posts, ….), we try to provide quality, which is not always interesting for the mainstream WordPress user but appreciated by our fellow readers.
- We are not aiming to reach most readers as we can, we write also about unpopular topics, which is only interesting for a small group of WordPress users and developers.
- We are providing topics with backgrounds more to a niche, to advanced WordPress users and WordPress developers.
- Longtime experience with our own blogs.
- We are a team which supports each other, everybody has different strengths.
- We knew each other before this website and we all were anxious to do something like this. The motivation were and still is very high.
- We are writing about WordPress in German since several years, thus we put our experience into this blog.
- We don’t have any stress, we write when we feel like to write about something, no tight schedule, which we have to accomplish.
- Every code snippet gets proofed and is not just copied.
- We write for us and our fellow readers, we like to share and start discussions and get our readers involved in our topics, with one goal – to make WordPress even better.
- Thoroughly explanation of the code with background instead of a short code snippet without explanation and we leave you alone with it.
- The ads on our website are just a bonus and not the reason why we have this blog.
- We like to have the ads as a compensation for our families, since they have to tolerate our time we spend on writing for WPEngineer. We use the money to invite our families to a nice dinner once a while or something else.
- We were eager to see how the English speaking community would like our posts and how the response would be. It was a challenge and pleasure to provide quality posts from Germany to the rest of the world.
- Micha is also writing a new kind of WordPress theme, which will be pretty impressive, and Frank writes many WordPress plugins. Both bring in their excellent experience in creating themes and plugins.
What do you think?
The question is also, are we successful, can we do better? What do you think, what is the reason of our success or what can we improve? Let us know, we looking forward to hear from our readership!
Maybe you should also ask yourself, why is your website successful, or why not? Ask your fellow readers the same question! I’m sure it will be a start of an interesting conversation with your readers.
WPEngineer is currently offering a spot just for you! Start Advertising on WPEngineer and order a spot at BuySellAds.com!
Growing from a monthly visitor count of 479 in September 2008, we now reach over 9372 readers worldwide a month, and it doesn’t stop growing.
Start growing with our blog and present your product, service or idea to a loyal and great readership.
Our Current Site Statistics
Google Page Rank: 4
Alexa Rank: 67556
Technorati Rank: 38999
Average Monthly Unique Hits:
- February 9372
- January 7972
- December 5814
- November 6750
- October 3773
- September 479
We have two different spaces to offer:
125 x 125, Sidebar (6 Ads displayed at the same time): $50 / month
16 x 16, Sidebar (10 Ads displayed at the same time): $5 / month
Terms and conditions:
We don’t accept Flash banners
Animated GIFs will be examined and approved / rejected.
No adult or Poker Ads please, have creative and intellectual ads 🙂
Start Advertising Today and order a spot at BuySellAds.com!
We appreciate your partnership!
Your WPEngineer Team
Alex, Frank and Micha
Last weekend I had the pleasure to be at the WordCamp Germany in Jena. It was great to meet many people there for the first time, even my team mates Frank and Micha. We never met in person before. So that was exciting but also other online friends and people I work with, like Sergej, a great guy and Plugin developer.
Continue reading …