Not long ago, we introduced a script by Marco to convert your Joomla content to WordPress. Now Marco from solariz.de adapted the script to convert your content of Joomla Fireborad to WordPress WP-Forum.
It works exactly like the Joomla converter, it is also not a "click & ready" script, basic knowledge of PHP are needed in order to achieve the conversion. It is important that the WP-Forum is empty before you start to convert.
- Install WP-Forum in your WordPress system
- Create categories and sub-forums
- Download script, unpack and upload to the server
- Adjust the accompanying config.php
- Go through the settings in config.php step by step and set the preferences
- On line 37 / 38 enter the source ID of the Fireboard forum and the ID of the WP-Forum
- Execute the converter
After a successful conversion you should see something like this:
- Converting Category 5 to 3
- Processing 17 Threads
- Inserted 17 Threads
- Inserted 84 Posts
If it was successful, please repeat step 6 and 7 with all your forums.
Then you should be done!
You can download the script at the bottom of his German article.